Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I had heard that Powell boards were excellent quality boards for a good price, so when my first board got to the point of no return, from the deck to the trucks, I looked for a board that would be around the same size in Powell boards.
When I saw this one, which was only off in size by less than half an inch, I figured I would give it a try. The graphic on the bottom was cool, particularly since I like dragons, and though I was a bit wary of the K16 rating (which meant it had a lot of curve to it), I thought that might give it more pop.
Board comes in with a DVD that's practically worthless. Maybe for someone just starting out, it can be somewhat helpful, but since I already knew how to skate, ollie, and 50-50 grind, it was useless. The 1-year warranty from Skate One was probably the best feature, besides the dragon graphic on the bottom.
When I took it outside...I was sorely disappointed. I'm a beginner, but I could barely even ollie on this board. It took me a while to get used to it, and yes, I did get a lot of height on the ollies, but they were harder to control and pull off.
The concave wasn't just on the nose/tail of the board, but on the deck, itself, width-wise. I had trouble figuring out how to stand on the board in a way where my feet were flat on it; I had to angle my front foot more than normal, and I have small feet.
I also tried to flip the board, and in doing so, realized that the board was asymmetrical (one end is larger than the other). That was the final straw, and I returned it after failing repeatedly to do beginner tricks that I could do on a much cheaper and almost destroyed board.
I don't think I even lasted an hour on the board; I wouldn't recommend this board to anyone, let alone beginners. Maybe other boards in the Golden Dragon series are good, but many are asymmetrical according to the Skate One site, and this board's curve is just too deep.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Powell Golden Dragon Complete Skateboard - New Years Dragon (7.5-Inch)
0 comments:
Post a Comment