Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)These shoes are by far the best shoes ever designed with BMX in mind. I have tried them all, from Rick THorne's Vans, to Dave Mirra's Adidas, to these. Unlike other companies DC actually put thought into the most important part of the shoe when thinking of BMX, the sole. The pill design grabs the pedals great, with minimal slippage. The only issue with the sole is it wears away fast. After the first two months of riding the area of my shoe that came into the most contact with the pedal was all but bald. Completeley eaten away.
The in tongue lace pocket was awesome and I really wish more "BMX Shoe COmpanies" would follow suit. It was definately the deciding factor in me buying these shoes over the Etnies Number. It's such an obvious addition all biking shoes should have. Common sense. Getting your laces stuck in your crank or chain wheel is a dangerous issue that comes up often, and I for one am sick of tucking my laces back into my shoes and dealing with the uncomfortable feeling of walking on them.
The tongue holder and lace holders broke after the first week, but it didn't make a difference performance wise, so whatever.
These things are comfortable as hell and as padded as a mental cell. That's good for some instances, and horrible for others. The extra padding is great for hard landings and slamming your ankle into your cranks on whips and 360's. The downside to this? BMX is an active sport. All those pads make these shoes extremely insulated. They get hot quick. I don't sweat alot, and I have never in 15 years of riding dealt with smelly shoes, but I could tell these were going to become an issue. There is little to no Ventilation, so if you're buying these shoes buy a container of baby powder and put some in your shoes before you go ride and when you get home. It will make the shoes last ten times longer based on smell alone.
I got lucky enough to get the first run of these shoes in Green and Orange, great colors. But, now that a year later I am retiring them I will be getting Osiris NYC Nyquist Editions. I am probably going to regret it, but these new colors are hideous and I can't wear them. I got multiple compliments on my Tactics based solely on the color. I'm not kidding, people stopped me in supermarkets to ask me where I got them. These new colors are horrible. Maroon? Tan and Black? Whatever. Hopefully Nyquist's shoes will hold up.
Click Here to see more reviews about: DC Men's Tactic Mid Skate Shoe
Wear the Tactic Mid skate shoe from DC and earn the rep as a thinking man\'s shredder. Well-thought-out details include a padded and perforated leather upper, foam-padded tongue and collar,spandex tongue holder and performance rubber wrap cup sole. There\'s even a hidden nylon lace pocket because tripping over your own shoe laces is never a smart tactic.
Click here for more information about DC Men's Tactic Mid Skate Shoe
0 comments:
Post a Comment